Friday, May 25, 2012

Glug.

Have you ever gotten to the point where it's SOO warm and you've drank SOO much water that you're still thirsty but cant stand the taste of another sip of water? Juice leaves you thirstier, it's so sweet. Sometimes I like to add a light squeeze of lemon juice to the water. That can make all the difference. Also, I like to add mint to the water such as in the picture. I roll the mint sprigs in my hands to bruise the leaves and release the flavour, and then if I'm using peppermint like in the picture I put it in the glass tips first so you can see the dramatic purple undersides. I'm thinking this would make an awful pretty mojito, might have to try that this summer. Wishing you cool and hydrated days from the shade at Cathartica Farm.

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

I know what you mean. Good idea with the mint.