Monday, July 9, 2012

Hoopla!

While I was in my final semester at Sutherland Chan we had a hoop dancer in our midst. With an adult size, professional hula hoop she puts on shows down at the beach. On sunny days, she used to bring all her practice hoops in to school, and a bunch of ladies would all gather in the parking lot and take turns showing off... or in some of our cases, just trying to keep the darn thing up!
It was a really good work out, and it was a heck of a lot of fun! At the time I had looked into getting one, but the shops in toronto that sell them, sell them for an awful lot of money and I was afterall a broke student. I'm still not really rolling in it, but my health and fitness is becoming a bit more of a priority for me. And, through kijiji (I love that site!!) I found a lady in brampton who makes them for only 25$. So tonight after work I've got a date with this lovely lady. She'll come away with 25$ and I'm coming home with my hoop. I told her I don't have the patience to pick out colours and wait around for her to make it up. She said she has a bunch premade already so I'm just gonna show up and pick one out and be on my way.
So, that's what all the hoopla's about!

No comments: