Tuesday, January 15, 2013

mini-Christmas

After packing overzealously last week, it was like a mini christmas finding my semi packed camp bag today. Important things like a deck of playing cards, allergy meds, hand cream and a spare belly button ring that I have the good sense to pack for a 2 day weekend, somehow I forgot to leave out for myself for a long car/train trip and up to two weeks without access to our stuff. Funny how I missed all four of those things. Also, the only hat and pair of mitts I haven't packed yet was found in my camp bag. Hallelujah. I guess I've got kit lists to pack for camp, but nobody ever gives you a kit list for life!
Besides, when I started packing I thought we'd be in Moosonee already, and that our stuff would be there too. What better way to call down chaos that to start thinking you've got everything under control. 

No comments: