Friday, July 19, 2013

Gut Feeling

Did any of you have a gut feeling with your pregnancies about the gender? I've been working on this beautiful completely hand pieced and stitched quilt for a few years now, thinking that I'll put it away for when I have a daughter some day. So when I found out I was expecting, I pulled it out and dusted off the tin it lives in, and thought I better start working on it in earnest now, because I may just have a daughter sooner than I planned. I couldn't get into it. Not at all. I felt like there was no rush, because it's the wrong colour. And I immediately started planning out a quilt that's more boy friendly. Strange. I would love to have a girl first, I really want at least one little girl, and I feel like if I have my girl first, then the pressure's off for future kids. No playing the what if game, or the "maybe we should try just one more time" until I've got a house splitting at the seams with boys. Now, I don't have a problem if it is a boy, but I would really like to have my own little girl. But somehow, somewhere deep in my gut, in the very first weeks of my pregnancy, I was convinced I'm carrying a boy. Now I'm not so sure anymore, but my first thought was boy. Can't wait to find out if I'm right!

1 comment:

Katou said...

You know what they say: we should always follow our intuition...