Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lazy Day

Today's exams were over with by 10, and I came home and made myself eggs and leftover garlic toast, drank orange juice and coffee and ate a grapefruit (the only way to eat a grapefruit properly of course is to cut it in half widthwise, sprinkle with sugar and eat the wedges with a spoon). I finished a book that I've been working on reading for over a month now. Then I came outside with the cats to pull some weeds from the garden and play my fiddle. Amazing grace and twinkle twinkle were getting a little old, but I thought surely there must be an intermediary step between that and "real" fiddle tunes right? Not so much. Or at least I can't find it. I did however find a youtube tutorial of a fellow breaking "Old Joe Clark" down into its constituent parts for me, and its coming along nicely. I wouldn't get up on stage tomorrow with it, but at least the neighbors have stopped cringing when I bring the case out.

No comments: