Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy new year everybody! Things have been ticking right along here, Andrew and I managed to make it to all of the christmas events with all sides of my family and his. New Year's eve was spent cozied up here at home with my family and my parent's close friends. I don't really put a big stock in resolutions and such, but Andrew and I did look at each other around midnight and both say "this is our year." and it will be. We'll both get jobs in our chosen field, save up a tonne of money for our future, and love each other like crazy. This I know.
I have a warm pup in my lap, as I type this, and it feels really good. Andrew and I are alone at our respective homes for the first time in 2 weeks and it feels really lonely here without him, but Taffy helps. Our plan was originally to stay living with our folks until nearly the wedding, to save money for a down payment on a house. I don't know how well that's gonna pan out, I can see us getting an apartment before then, because I miss him like crazy!
Taffy goes in to get shorn like a sheep today, I will try and squeeze in a haircut as well, and maybe do a bit of shopping with gift cards I received for Christmas.
Hope you all had a wonderful break from the world, and the jolly fat man was kind to you all.

1 comment:

Katou said...

Happy New Year to you to and hoping that 2012 will bring you all that your heart desires.