Sunday, December 9, 2012

cookie swap cookies

... are baked. All 15 dozen of them. Whew! 12 dozen are actually required for the cookie swap, the rest have fallen victim to my family, to keep them from eating the requisite 12 dozen. We're getting together next Saturday at my mom's friend's house to exchange our treasures, and each come home with 12 different dozens of cookies. Cool huh? I'd be lying if I said christmas cookies won't make an appearance on the snack tables during the wedding reception.
I used the recipe for the cream cheese cutouts that I posted around this time last year. I figured they make a whole bunch of cookies in each batch, and they're SOOO good, why mess with a good thing?
No sooner though had I gotten two batches of the dough mixed up, than I found my first ever flour weevil in one of the batches of cookies! Gross!! Needless to say, I threw out both batches, and a lot of flour, pulled out a new bag and carefully sifted every last ounce of it to check for more bugs before sealing it up in an airtight container. And then I started all over again from scratch. While trying to hurry so I could be the living pin cushion once more and finish off the last bit of my dress.
Today, I am reclaiming Sunday as the day of rest it should be. I'll get a couple things that are weighing on my checklist sorted out this afternoon, but this morning I'm being a lazy slug-a-bed, and I think it's well deserved.

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Now thats a bunch of cookies! I understand about the bugs in the flour. Makes me sick.