Monday, December 10, 2012

A Cold!?!

What is this!! I don't have time to be sick right now!! I should have figured I'd catch one... during stressful times I can generally keep my mind fairly uncluttered and keep it to dull roar, but my body shows off the stress like you wouldn't believe. Right now it's manifested in a throat that feels like I've tried to swallow swords, or maybe even a chainsaw, and jam packed sinuses that are making my whole face ache and breathing a chore. Well damn. Too bad, I don't have time to slow down and baby myself just now. Still gotta work and still gotta get through my finally shrinking to do list. It's already the 10th! My wedding is in 19 days!! Not to mention Christmas. I haven't bought anything for anyone yet. Sheesh. Not a good time for a cold.
I did allow myself a little down time yesterday, and I've started reading S.M. Stirling's Dies The Fire. I'm not all that far into it yet, but I think I like it so far. I had a hard time putting it down at bed time. Nearly every night I read for at least 10 minutes at bedtime. Helps me slow my brain down and it's part of the routine or ritual of sleep for me. I just finally finished the Lord Of the Rings books, which I started back in the fall. When you're only reading 10 minutes at a time it takes a while to chew through such sizable novels.
What are you folks reading? When do you make time to read?

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I'm like you, when I get stressed, I get sick. So far, so good, this year.
I'm not really reading anything right now. I'm looking for something though. I just don't know what kind of book I want to read.